Samsung Galaxy A50 is one of the latest Samsung A series launched recently. For a start, the Samsung Galaxy A50 has a 6.4-inch display with a fingerprint sensor tucked underneath the display. An Exynos 9610 drives this device with either 4GB or 6GB of RAM paired with 64GB and 128GB respectively. Battery Capacity stands at 4,000mAh with a 15W fast battery charging.
Samsung Galaxy A50 Design And Display
Samsung Galaxy A50 has a massive 6.4-inch 1080p+ AMOLED display with a 403ppi and a notch cutout at the top for the camera which Samsung calls the “Infinity-U display”. There is also a fingerprint sensor underneath the display here leaving the back of the device with only the triple camera positioned at the top left side. It is also IP68 certified.
The display is covered with glass while the body is made of plastic which reflects the Black, White, Blue and Coral colour options well. There is a single SIM and Dual SIM model, both of which come with a dedicated MicroSD card slot.
Samsung Galaxy A50 Camera Review
There are a total of 4 cameras here; 3 at the back and one up front in the notch. At the rear, the first camera is a 25MP sensor with an f/1.7 aperture and PDAF, the second is an 8MP ultrawide camera with an f/2.2 and the 3rd is a 5MP depth sensor camera also with an f/2.2 aperture. There is also an LED flash and features like HDR and Panorama. 4k and 1080p video recording is also possible at 30fps. The single 25MP front facing camera on the other hand with an f/2.0 aperture and HDR can also shoot 1080p videos at 30fps.
Samsung Galaxy A50 Hardware and Software
Samsung Galaxy A50 uses Samsung’s own Exynos 9610 Octa SoC which is an octa-core processor clocked at 2.3GHz paired with a Mali-G72 MP3 GPU. It comes with either 4GB or 6GB of RAM which is paired with 64GB or 128GB ROM respectively. Samsung Galaxy A50 also has a dedicated MicroSD card slot for storage expansion which can accommodate up to 512GB of extra storage. It runs the latest Android Operating System ( Android 9.0 Pie) with Samsung’s new One UI .
Battery & Network Connectivity
Samsung A50 has a 4000mAh battery which has a 15W fast battery charging and no wireless charging. There is also no 5G here but there is 4G LTE connectivity, Bluetooth, GPS, dual band WiFi, WiFi hotspot, WiFi direct, a 3.5mm jack, USB Type-C port and NFC.
Samsung Galaxy A50 Price and Availability
The price of Samsung Galaxy A50 in Nigeria is 99,000 Naira , but the price is not stable as it can decrease or increase at any time. The best online store in Nigeria that will give you the best cost for Samsung A50 price in Nigeria is Slickmobile. Buy Samsung A50 on Slickmobile and enjoy free data plan to browse the internet.
Samsung Galaxy A50 Full Specifications
- Dimension: 158.5 x 74.7 x 7.7 mm
- Material: front glass/plastic body
- Weight: –
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: Super AMOLED Capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 6.4-inch
- Screen Resolution: 19:9, 1080 x 2340 pixels, 402ppi
- Multi-touch: Yes
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie, One UI
- Chipset: Exynos 9610, Octa-core 2.3GHz
- RAM: 4GB/6GB RAM
- Internal Storage: 64GB/128GB
- Card Slot: Yes, up to 512GB (dedicated slot)
- Primary: 25MP + 8MP + 5MP with f/1.7 + f/2.2 + f/2.2 – PDAF, LED flash, HDR, Panorama
- Secondary: 25MP with f/2.0 – HDR
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual band, WiFi direct, hotspot
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G: 2100 MHz
- 4G: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, v5.0 with A2DP, LE
- USB: Yes, USB Type-C
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Audio Jack: Yes
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes (under-display)
- NFC: Yes (Market dependent)
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Sensors: Gravity, Proximity and Light Sensor
- Capacity: 4,000mAh non-removable
- Type: Li-Po
- Fast Charging: Yes, 15W
- OTG Support: Yes